We are always in need of enthusiastic team members!
Experienced Head Cook Full-Time
Food Head Cook will be responsible for the overall smooth operation of the kitchen. Will oversee the daily process of running a kitchen and managing food preparation at the Retreat Center. Will direct kitchen staff and handle all food-related issues, including checking up on food supplies, planning menus, and creating new recipes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- Prepare food prepared in an attractive, palatable, efficient and cost-effective manner for all functions including catering.
- Plan menus, apportion ingredients, use food surpluses and store food in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Ensure the highest level of qualify product and service.
- Translate generalized menu into an ingredient list which she then orders from our food service provider.
- Help the director with scheduling the necessary kitchen staff.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work areas and make sure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work.
- Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating and stocking of such.
- Ensure that all cooking areas are maintained clean and are properly cared for.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a service-oriented attitude thereby actively looking for ways to help our guests and his/her team.
- Able to actively and constantly teach others how to work more efficiently.
- Ability to conduct quality control analysis by conducting tests and inspections of products, services and/or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing where the kitchen is involved.
- Must know how to manage all material resources by obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed in the kitchen.
- Able to propose sufficient costs for food/menu items to adequately accommodate the needs and avoiding wastes and accounting for these expenditures
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Experience in food service preparation for large groups including catering
- Experience in ordering food from food distributors.
- Possess safety food knowledge and have at least the food handler certificate
- This job requires a person who is bilingual in English and Spanish and has a working knowledge of management of the kitchen.
- This individual must be willing to accept working mostly on weekends and weekdays when necessary.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen tools and equipment as needed or assigned when there are no kitchen responsibilities.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
- Lift up to 40lbs.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please send resume by email to Bertha deBastiani @ email@example.com