Our History

Bishop Joseph Patrick Lynch acquired 17 acres in the 1940’s, including a home for unwed mothers which was converted into St. Joseph Home for Girls. In the mid-50’s the St. Joseph Residence was built on four acres, and in the 70’s the orphanage was converted into St. Joseph Youth Center with construction of the present buildings financed by money from the Collins estate. The youth facility was closed in 1993. It was then decided by the Diocese to use the site to relocate the Catholic Formation Center and renamed it Catholic Conference and Formation Center. Refurbishing began in November 1993 and was completed in February 1994.